Engineering Proposal Reflection

As a group we did follow the group contract we outlined before writing the project and we all worked surprisingly well together even though the 3 people in my group all have more seniority than me since I am a freshman. In terms of the Gantt chart we did follow the workload that we each had agreed upon and nobody cheated the next person with doing less work. The simple fact is that our group in general was very knowledgeable on this topic and had the resources to see the project to its end. I definitely felt like I could have done slightly more as a member of the group but my role was support. By support I mean I was jumping back and forth from each role assisting the two people who had the main roles which were Joel and Kevin. I’m not a group project type of guy just because of the fact that I feel as if I can do a lot more when I work alone but as someone who wants to go into the engineering field I do understand that collaborative work is very important in any engineering field. With what I did in the group project I do think I did well, especially in the presentation aspect of it. However, I do feel like I have some room for improvement in my group working skills since like I previously said I’m more of an individual worker. Something I would change about this assignment would be to make it individual work because in general, not relating to my current group, I don’t like to depend on others to get work done. I have a certain way I work and I don’t expect others to adapt but of course for the sake of the group and my grade I make it work. My group was great. I just personally prefer individual work like the technical description.